HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh 1921 – 2021
It is with great sadness that Over Stowey Parish Council has learned of the the death of
His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh.
We extend our condolences to the Her Majesty the Queen and members of the Royal Family on behalf of the parish.
For the duration of the current emergency, it is felt that it is not appropriate to open physical books of condolence.
Persons wishing to record their condolences may do so online.
A single phone number is now available for anyone in Somerset who needs Coronavirus related support from their councils. The Somerset Coronavirus Support Helpline number is 0300 790 6275
Somerset County Council have also made a pledge to support families during the school holidays:
If you need any support during this time, please contact the Clerk for further information:
email – email@example.com
phone – 01278 734689
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR OVER STOWEY PARISH COUNCIL
Over Stowey is a small village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, South West England.
It sits in the foothills of the Quantock Hills, just above Nether Stowey and 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Bridgwater.
The parish includes the hamlets of Plainsfield, Aley, Adscombe, Friarn and Bincombe.
What does the Parish Council do?
- We monitor and lobby for quality services from Sedgemoor and the County
- We comment on Planning Applications in the Parish
- We speak for the Parish in statutory consultations
- We help residents if they have problems especially relating to local government
- We assist other village organisations and clubs
- We consult and cooperate with neighbouring Parish Councils and the AONB
- We administer and maintain the graveyard
- We avoid party politics
- We support appropriate and sustainable economic development
- We work to conserve the peace and beauty of the parish
The Parish Council Members and Responsibilities:
It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Councillor Morley Cavill. Morley was a long standing member of the Parish Council and he will be greatly missed by many, as will his contributions to the meetings and the local area, which he loved. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.
- Keith Barrow (Chairman) – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee
- Richard Curtis (Vice Chairman) – Representative for Hinkley Point A and B Forum
- Ben Bartlett – Forestry
- Duncan Peaster – Planning
- Patrick Tully – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee and Planning
- Gloria Goddard – Bridleways and Finance Reviews
The Clerk is Amanda McMurren
Please see Local Info page for details about the local Broadband services questionnaire