PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR OVER STOWEY PARISH COUNCIL
Over Stowey is a small village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, South West England.
It sits in the foothills of the Quantock Hills, just above Nether Stowey and 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Bridgwater.
The parish includes the hamlets of Plainsfield, Aley, Adscombe, Friarn and Bincombe.
What does the Parish Council Do?
- We monitor and lobby for quality services from Sedgemoor and the County
- We comment on Planning Applications in the Parish
- We speak for the Parish in statutory consultations
- We help residents if they have problems especially relating to local government
- We assist other village organisations and clubs
- We consult and cooperate with neighbouring Parish Councils and the AONB
- We administer and maintain the graveyard
- We avoid party politics
- We support appropriate and sustainable economic development
- We work to conserve the peace and beauty of the parish
The Parish Council Members and Responsibilities:
- Richard Curtis (Chairman)
- Keith Barrow (Vice Chairman) – Parish Council representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee
- Ben Bartlett – Forestry
- Morley Cavill – Footpaths
- Duncan Peaster – Planning
- Patrick Tully – Parish Council representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee and Planning
- Gloria Goddard – Finance reviews
The Clerk is Amanda McMurren
GDPR – click the link below to access the Over Stowey Parish Council Privacy Notices:
Waste collections start from 6am
Recycling and rubbish collections will start daily at 6am from now on due to the high temperatures. Please ensure your bins and boxes are all out in time for the early start (and no earlier than the night before), and note that some collections times may change. The new start time will continue until cooler weather returns. Crews have been reminded to keep the noise down; apologies in advance for the sound of glass and cans. To help crews get your waste collected, please:
* Sort and roughly segregate materials in boxes without using carrier bags.
* Rinse all containers and squash all but glass and aerosols.
* Cut up all large card and flatten all cardboard boxes.
Quick reminder on plastic …
Plastic bottles are the only plastics taken at the kerbside; household and food plastic pots, tubs and trays are taken at all 16 recycling sites: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/slider/all-recycling-sites-take-plastic-food-pots-tubs-and-trays/
Tetra Paks, other beverage cartons and single-use plastic-lined coffee cups are taken at 12 recycling sites: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/dozen-recycling-sites-take-single-use-coffee-cups/
More on how to recycle as much as possible …
For more on what we do and do not take at the kerbside for recycling: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/recycling-collections/
For what is taken at recycling sites, their locations and when they are open: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/recycling/centres/
Please see Local Info page for details about a BT scam call in the area
Please see Local Info page for details about a Council Tax scam in Sedgemoor
Please see Local Info page for details about the local Broadband services questionnaire
Please see Local Info page for details about the new Rural Crime Initiative