COST OF LIVING CRISIS – do you qualify for the Somerset Household Support Fund
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR OVER STOWEY PARISH COUNCIL
Over Stowey is a small village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, South West England.
It sits in the foothills of the Quantock Hills, just above Nether Stowey and 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Bridgwater.
The parish includes the hamlets of Plainsfield, Aley, Adscombe, Friarn and Bincombe.
What does the Parish Council do?
- We monitor and lobby for quality services from Sedgemoor and the County
- We comment on Planning Applications in the Parish
- We speak for the Parish in statutory consultations
- We help residents if they have problems especially relating to local government
- We assist other village organisations and clubs
- We consult and cooperate with neighbouring Parish Councils and the AONB
- We administer and maintain the graveyard
- We avoid party politics
- We support appropriate and sustainable economic development
- We work to conserve the peace and beauty of the parish
The Parish Council Members and Responsibilities:
- Patrick Tully (Chairman) – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee and Planning
- Keith Barrow (Vice Chairman) – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee
- Richard Curtis – Representative for Hinkley Point A and B Forum
- Ben Bartlett – Forestry
- Duncan Peaster – Planning
- Gloria Goddard – Personnel and Finance
- Thomas Lindley – Planning
The Clerk is Amanda McMurren
Please see Local Info page for details about the local Broadband services questionnaire