If you need any support during this time, please contact the Clerk for further information:
email – email@example.com
phone – 01278 734689
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR OVER STOWEY PARISH COUNCIL
Over Stowey is a small village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, South West England.
It sits in the foothills of the Quantock Hills, just above Nether Stowey and 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Bridgwater.
The parish includes the hamlets of Plainsfield, Aley, Adscombe, Friarn and Bincombe.
What does the Parish Council Do?
- We monitor and lobby for quality services from Sedgemoor and the County
- We comment on Planning Applications in the Parish
- We speak for the Parish in statutory consultations
- We help residents if they have problems especially relating to local government
- We assist other village organisations and clubs
- We consult and cooperate with neighbouring Parish Councils and the AONB
- We administer and maintain the graveyard
- We avoid party politics
- We support appropriate and sustainable economic development
- We work to conserve the peace and beauty of the parish
The Parish Council Members and Responsibilities:
- Keith Barrow (Chairman) – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee
- Richard Curtis (Vice Chairman) – Representative for Hinkley Point A and B Forum
- Ben Bartlett – Forestry
- Morley Cavill – Footpaths
- Duncan Peaster – Planning
- Patrick Tully – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee and Planning
- Gloria Goddard – Bridleways and Finance Reviews
The Clerk is Amanda McMurren
GDPR – click the link below to access the Over Stowey Parish Council Privacy Notices:
Please see Local Info page for details about the local Broadband services questionnaire