A single phone number is now available for anyone in Somerset who needs Coronavirus related support from their councils. The Somerset Coronavirus Support Helpline number is 0300 790 6275
If you need any support during this time, please contact the Clerk for further information:
email – email@example.com
phone – 01278 734689
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR OVER STOWEY PARISH COUNCIL
Over Stowey is a small village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, South West England.
It sits in the foothills of the Quantock Hills, just above Nether Stowey and 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Bridgwater.
The parish includes the hamlets of Plainsfield, Aley, Adscombe, Friarn and Bincombe.
What does the Parish Council Do?
- We monitor and lobby for quality services from Sedgemoor and the County
- We comment on Planning Applications in the Parish
- We speak for the Parish in statutory consultations
- We help residents if they have problems especially relating to local government
- We assist other village organisations and clubs
- We consult and cooperate with neighbouring Parish Councils and the AONB
- We administer and maintain the graveyard
- We avoid party politics
- We support appropriate and sustainable economic development
- We work to conserve the peace and beauty of the parish
The Parish Council Members and Responsibilities:
- Keith Barrow (Chairman) – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee
- Richard Curtis (Vice Chairman) – Representative for Hinkley Point A and B Forum
- Ben Bartlett – Forestry
- Morley Cavill – Footpaths
- Duncan Peaster – Planning
- Patrick Tully – Parish Council Representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee and Planning
- Gloria Goddard – Bridleways and Finance Reviews
The Clerk is Amanda McMurren
Please see Local Info page for details about the local Broadband services questionnaire