PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR OVER STOWEY PARISH COUNCIL
Over Stowey is a small village and civil parish in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, South West England.
It sits in the foothills of the Quantock Hills, just above Nether Stowey and 8 miles (13 km) north-west of Bridgwater.
The parish includes the hamlets of Plainsfield, Aley, Adscombe, Friarn and Bincombe.
What does the Parish Council Do?
- We monitor and lobby for quality services from Sedgemoor and the County
- We comment on Planning Applications in the Parish
- We speak for the Parish in statutory consultations
- We help residents if they have problems especially relating to local government
- We assist other village organisations and clubs
- We consult and cooperate with neighbouring Parish Councils and the AONB
- We administer and maintain the graveyard
- We avoid party politics
- We support appropriate and sustainable economic development
- We work to conserve the peace and beauty of the parish
The Parish Council Members and Responsibilities:
- Richard Curtis (Chairman)
- Keith Barrow (Vice Chairman) – Parish Council representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee
- Ben Bartlett – Forestry
- Morley Cavill – Footpaths
- Duncan Peaster – Planning
- Patrick Tully – Parish Council representative for the Village Hall and Recreational Ground Committee and Planning
- Gloria Goddard – Finance reviews
The Clerk is Amanda McMurren
Somerset Libraries Consultation 2018 – see below for further information
Please see Local Info page for details about a BT scam call in the area
Please see Local Info page for details about a Council Tax scam in Sedgemoor
Please see Local Info page for details about the local Broadband services questionnaire
Please see Local Info page for details about the new Rural Crime Initiative